Several Complex Variables
פונקציות מרוכבות במספר משתנים
Fall semester, October 2009 - January 2010
Room 229, Schreiber building
Tuesday, 16-18, Kaplun 319
Wednesday 16-17, Shenkar 13-14
There will be 3-5 home assignments throughout the semester.
Recommended literature All of the following books are available at the library:
- L. Hormander, An introduction to complex analysis in several variables (we will cover chapters 1,2 and 4).
- B. Shabat, An introduction to complex analysis, part II (translation from Russian).
- S. Krantz, Function theory of several complex variables (more detailed).
- R. Narasimhan, Several Complex Variables.
- M. Herve, Several Complex Variables.
Functions in several complex variables, pluriharmonic functions,
holomorphic and biholomorphic mappings.
The phenomenon of forced analytic continuation, Hartogs extension
theorem, Reinhardt domains. Domains of holomorphy, d-bar equation.
Subharmonic and plurisubharmonic functions, pseudoconvex sets,
analogy with real-variable convexity.
Existence theorems for d-bar equation, Levi's problem.
Prekopa-Leindler and Berdntsson's inequalities, applications to
The grades of the exercises.