The Cissie and Aaron Beare
Chair in Number Theory
Tel Aviv University
- Incumbent, The Cissie and Aaron Beare Chair in Number Theory, Tel
- Member, Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton, 2008-2010, 2015-16
- Leverhulme visiting professor, Bristol University,
- Professor, Tel-Aviv University, 2002-present
- Associate Professor,
- Consultant, Department of Physics of Complex Systems, Weizmann Institute,
July 1995- July 1998
- Senior Lecturer,
February 1995 - February 1998
- Assistant Professor, Princeton University, September 1992 - August 1996.
- G. Szego Assistant Professor, Stanford University, September 1990- August 1992
Honours, Awards and Fellowships
- Aisenstadt Chair, CRM Montreal, September 2014
- Invited Speaker, ICM 2014 (Seoul)
- ERC Advanced Grant 2013-2018 and 2019-2024.
- Fellow of the American Mathematical Society, 2012-.
AHP Distinguished Paper Award for the year 2011. Awarded for a paper
published in the journal Annales Henri Poincaré, a Journal of
Theoretical and Mathematical Physics.
Erdos prize of the Israel Mathematical Union (a prize of the best
Israeli mathematician/computer scientist under the age of 40), 2001
- Alon Fellow, 1995
- Sloan Foundation Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship, 1989/90.
Selected invited presentations
Invited speaker, ICM 2014 in Seoul
- Invited Address, European Congress of Mathematics, Krakow
- Schrodinger Lecture, ESI Vienna, 2010
Plenary Address, Canadian Number Theory Association, 2010
Wiener Lecture, University of Udine , May 2007
Colloquium de Georgi, Pisa, May 2006
Erdos prize lecture, Israel Mathematical Union meeting, May 2001.
mini-symposium, European Congress of Mathematics, July 2000, Barcelona
- Plenary address,
annual meeting of the Israel Mathematical Union, Bar Ilan, Israel, May
- Plenary lecture, A.M.S. Eastern section meeting, New York 1996.
- Principal Editor, International Math. Research Notices,
- Editorial board, International Math. Research Notices,
- Editorial Board, GAFA, 2002-present.